Some SSS members are still unaware that they have to notify the SSS office of their pregnancy as one of the requirements to be able to avail of the SSS Maternity Benefit.
And this often causes issues when claiming their maternity benefit.
If you are an SSS member and you are planning to apply for SSS maternity benefit, make sure that you notify the SSS immediately.
- For employed members, you need to notify your employer about your pregnancy.
- For individually paying members like self-employed, voluntary, and OFW members, you need to notify SSS directly.
Notifying the SSS is done by filling out the SSS Maternity Notification Form and by submitting documents to prove your pregnancy such as an Ultrasound Report and/or a Medical Certificate from your OB-Gyne.
Ways to Submit SSS Maternity Notification
- Employed Members – submit your maternity notification to your employer through your HR Officer.
- Self-employed, Voluntary, OFW Members – submit your maternity notification directly to SSS through any of the following options:
- ONLINE – Login to My.SSS (sss.gov.ph) with your Username and Password
- SSS OFFICE – Submit your Maternity Notification at any SSS branch
- TEXT/SMS – Submit your Maternity Notification through Text or SMS
When submitting your maternity notification to SSS, make sure you have the following info:
- expected date of delivery
- number of delivery
- date of last delivery or miscarriage
How to Submit SSS Maternity Notification via TEXT or SMS
Notifying SSS of your pregnancy has been made easier and convenient because you just have to submit it through TEXT or SMS.
Yes, you no longer need to personally go to the SSS branch to do this, which saves you time and effort.
How do you do this?
Just simply follow this format:
- SSS MATERNITYNOTIF <SSNumber> <PIN> <Expected Delivery Date MM/DD/YYYY> <Total Number of Pregnancies (including this pregnancy)>
Then send this text message to 2600.
How much is the Fee for the TEXT Notification
- ₱2.50 for Globe/Touch Mobile and Smart subscribers
- ₱2.00 for Sun Cellular subscribers
You will receive a confirmation once the maternity notification is successfully received by SSS.
Is this Text-SSS Facility available to all Members
It is available to all, however, for maternity notification purposes, only individually-paying members can notify SSS of their pregnancy via TEXT.
Employed members must still inform their employers about their pregnancy.
SSS Maternity Notification Requirements
When you notify SSS using the Text-SSS facility, you will not be required initially to submit a proof of pregnancy.
You will only submit the proof of pregnancy to SSS once you apply for reimbursement of your SSS maternity benefit.
For the list of other maternity benefit requirements and computation, click here.
Click here to read:
- How to Compute for SSS Maternity Benefit
- MUST KNOW: Employers Pay SSS Sickness and Maternity Benefits in Advance
- How to Get PRN Online through My.SSS
- How to Check your SSS Contributions Online this 2018