Are you having a hard time using the SSS R3 Program?
Do you need help in downloading, installing, and using it?
In this post, we’ll share with you some tips on how to make it easier for you to use the SSS R3 Program.
What is SSS R3 Program
The SSS R3 Program is a software that is provided by the Social Security System to every employer in order to assist them in reporting SSS contribution collection lists and transmittal certificates to facilitate R5 payments.
Uploading of SSS R3 Reports is usually done by the authorized signatory of the company or employer.
If you are the one in charge of this task, make sure you download and install the R3 program properly on your computer to ensure posting of SSS contributions of all employees in your company are uploaded regularly.
What to do before installing SSS R3
Before you install the SSS R3 Program, make sure you have the following software apps on your computer:
- Java. Download the latest version of Java from Oracle at java.com.
- Win Rar. You need this to uncompress rar files of the SSS R3 program.
- Anti-virus software. You need an anti-virus in your computer for security purposes especially that you are dealing with personal files and data of your company and employees.
The SSS R3 software is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and the latest Windows 8.
Steps on How to Install SSS R3 Program
Get a copy of the R3 File Generator by downloading it from the SSS website (click here to download SSS R3), or by requesting a copy of this software personally at the SSS branch and save it in a USB flash drive.
If you choose to get the software from the SSS personnel, make sure you know the specs of your computer including the Operating System (Windows 8 or Linux) so that they can provide you with the correct and compatible version of the file.
Create a New Folder in your computer and save the SSS R3 file in it. Rename the folder to something like R3_Employer.
Double click the R3FGComp and uncompress the file in the same folder.
Install the R3 File Generator.
Create a shortcut icon. To do this, right click the R3FileGen.jar and choose Send To and select Desktop to create a shortcut icon on the desktop.
Rename the shortcut to something like R3_Employer.
You can now use the new SSS R3 Program and print SSS R3 forms.
The next thing that you need to do is to encode and upload R3 files to see your employees contributions posted at the SSS database.
How to Use the New SSS R3 Program
Take note that the 2018 software is also the one used for R3 File Gen 2019 software.
Step 1: Saving of R3 File Gen
Follow these steps:
- Delete all the old R3 files on your computer
- Save R3 File Gen 2018 on your desktop
- Open R3 FileGen 2018 and select the Executable Jar File
- Since this R3 File Gen 2018 has already one SSS detail stored (BRIAN), you have to delete it by following these steps:
- Go to File Maintenance
- Then to Employee Record Maintenance
- Delete the old file by entering the SSS number 02-3417027-2.
- Press delete and you can now start using R3 2019 and print transmittal reports and employee file
Step 2: Entering your SSS Details
You need to enter your SSS details in the Employer Record Maintenance and Employee Record Maintenance.
Follow these steps:
- Enter the details for Employer Record Maintenance
- You can now enter new brackets for the new contributions 2019.
- Enter the details for Employee Record Maintenance and Update them.
- Inquire Totals after you entered all the employees SSS contributions.
- Create SSS Text File.
- Tick the box if you already paid the SSS contributions for the corresponding month and enter the payment records including:
- Date of payment, TR/SBR receipt number and amount of payment for that month.
- These info will appear on the Transmittal Certificate that you will upload on the R3 online or you will submit to the SSS branch.
- You can now print transmittal certificate, employees files and submit them to SSS or upload your R3 file reports online.
How to Use the SSS R3 Program to Download Reports
Assuming that the SSS R3 file has been successfully installed on your computer, this time we’ll show you how to use the R3 program to generate files, download, upload and print reports such as the Transmittal Certificate and Collection List.
All employers are required by the SSS to submit these reports for the posting of their employees’ SSS monthly contributions.
The Social Security System also assigned employers to register for their employer online account to easily facilitate and access SSS employees’ files including SSS contributions and history records, premiums, loans and other profile records.
Again, please take note that this software is for employers only. Employees must not use this unless they are authorized by the employer.
Why should you use the R3 Program?
- To submit R3 Files to SSS – Collection List, Transmittal Certificate
- To make sure employees’ SSS contributions are posted and updated
- To facilitate in the online employer account of uploading and reporting
When should you use this software?
After the payment of SSS contributions monthly or quarterly. You may check the SSS payment receipt (at the back) to know more about R3 submission.
Detailed Steps on How to Use SSS R3 Program
Step 1: R3 FILE
- Click on the R3 Employer’s icon on your desktop.
- A new window “you are currently encoding R3 for:”will appear.
- Choose the applicable period and hit save and continue.
- You’ll be brought to the Main Menu window.
- Select the first widget which is File Maintenance.
Step 2: RECORDS
- Inside File Maintenance, you’ll have these 5 Tasks and you need to go through them one by one.
- Start from Employer Record Maintenance.
- Since you’ve done that, proceed to the next.
- Type your employee’s SSS info.
- Take note that you don’t have to put comma on the SS amount and EC amount. Just hit enter whenever you go along each box. Double check everything you have typed.
- If correct, select Update Record.
Step 3: INQUIRE TOOLS
- Now select Inquire Totals.
- You’ll then see the total number of employees together with the total SS amount and EC amount for the applicable month you are encoding.
- If it’s correct, click OK and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: CREATE SSS TEXT FILE
- Select Create SSS Text File.
- Save the file in your computer.
- Choose the folder you desire and hit SAVE.
- You will see the file that you need to submit to the SSS.
- You can save and download it in your USB flash drive or upload it on SSS Employer Online account.
- Return to the Main Menu and select Report Generation to print transmittal certificate and employee file.
SSS R3 Project Downloadable Files
- Download R3 File Generator
- Download User’s Manual
- View Error Handling page for documented problems and solutions
- Download R3 File Structure for Payroll-Generated R3 Files