Deadline of SSS Monthly Contribution Payments for 2018 EXTENDED!


Na-late ka ba sa pagbabayad ng SSS contributions mo ngayong 2018? 

Actually, hindi ka nag-iisa dahil maraming SSS members ang hindi nakapagbayad on time dahil sa bagong sistema ng SSS sa paggamit ng Payment Request Number or PRN.  CONTINUE READING

Continue reading...

13th Month Pension ng SSS, sino nga ba ang makakatanggap?


SSS Pensioners are already excited to receive their 13th month bonus from the Social Security System.

But who really are eligible to receive the 13th month pension and when is it going to be released?

What is SSS 13th Month Pension? 

The 13th month pension is an additional cash benefit given to SSS pensioners, except for partial disability pensioners whose pension duration is less than 12 months.

The SSS pension fund started providing 13th month pensions, which is equivalent to one-month basic pension, in December 1988.

Who can receive the 13th month pension? 

  • All Pensioners
  • Partial Disability Pensioners with approved pension of 12 months or more.
  • Death survivors
  • Retiree pensioners

    Continue reading...

    What You Need to Know About the Expanded Maternity Leave Bill


    One of the most interesting topics that SSS female members have been discussing right now is the Expanded Maternity Leave bill.

    Basically, what this Expanded Maternity Leave bill wants to happen is to increase the number of paid maternity leave days of pregnant women who are SSS members.

    From  the current 60 days maternity leave (for normal delivery) and 78 days maternity leave (for C-section delivery), it will be increased to 105 paid maternity leave days once the Expanded Maternity Leave becomes a law.

    Isn’t that exciting? 

    For moms like me, 105 days of paid maternity leave is a big deal.

    It’s nothing compared to what other countries offer, like in Canada, I think new moms can avail of paid maternity leave for one year. In other countries, they have longer maternity leave period compared to what we have here in the Philippines.

    I’m sure many families will enjoy the benefits of the Expanded Maternity Leave law once it’s approved and implemented.

    I remember, when I got pregnant with my child, my pregnancy was complicated and I was ordered to go on bed rest for one year without pay. Imagine how difficult it must have been for our starting family to pay for all my check ups, medicines, and laboratories, on a single income.

    Thanks to SSS for my 78 days of paid maternity leave. I was able to receive Php 39,000. That amount was a big help, but it wasn’t enough.

    And because I had been on leave for a year (without pay), I had to go back to work right after I gave birth to earn money to help my husband with all our expenses.

    And it was difficult – physically and emotionally. 

    It was physically difficult because my body, having undergone C-section operation, was still healing and recovering. I also suffered from headaches, difficulty in breathing, muscle pains, and severe stomach pains. I’ve been in and out of the hospital after I gave birth.

    It was emotionally difficult because it wasn’t easy to be parted with my newly born baby.

    When I went back to work, I had severe depression from being away from my child. It was emotionally challenging. I would always cry at the office. And because I couldn’t handle it anymore, I decided to resign from my job to focus on my child.

    Why you should be excited about the Expanded Maternity Leave bill? 

    Once the Expanded Maternity Leave bill has been approved, new moms will have more time to heal and recover physically, and have more days to be with and to care for their child.

    What’s even more exciting is that the increased number of maternity leave comes with a pay which is a huge help in our finances.

    What else should you know about the Expanded Maternity Leave Bill?  CONTINUE READING

    Continue reading...

    SSS Partner Banks and Non-Bank Partners that Accept SSS Contribution using PRN


    Early this year, the Philippine Social Security System implemented a new way of paying SSS contributions, and that is by using the member’s Payment Reference Number or PRN.

    The PRN is different from CRN (Common Reference Number) or SSS number.

    The PRN can be found online by logging in to your SSS online account through My.SSS or by going to SSS website at

    If you don’t have an account online or if you can’t login to My.SSS successfully, you may request for your SSS Payment Reference Number at the SSS branch or any payment channel or partner.

    What’s good about this Payment Reference Number is that your contributions are posted real-time.

    Before, it would take days for it to show up on your account specially if you pay at any SSS payment partners. This results to a delay in the processing of SSS benefits.

    Where to Pay SSS Contributions Using Payment Reference Number (PRN) 

    When the SSS started implementing the usage of PRN, there was only a limited number of SSS payment partners that accept SSS contributions.

    But as of this writing, SSS has now 15 partner banks and non-bank partners that accept SSS contributions using PRN.

    For Employers CONTINUE READING

    Continue reading...

    How to Change or Update SSS Member Data Record

    sss login

    When I got married, one of the first things I did was to update my personal information in my company and in government agencies where I am a member of like the SSS.

    Good thing the procedure was really simple, although I had to line up at the SSS branch since there were many other people who were doing the same thing too.

    What I did was I filled out the SSS E-4 form or Members Data Amendment form and updated my information such as my last name and the beneficiaries. As proof for these changes, I submitted a photocopy of our Marriage Certificate and the birth certificate of my child to add her as beneficiary.

    If you want to update your data with the SSS, check out the steps and requirements below.

    Requirements when updating SSS Member Data 

    Here is the list of documentary requirements if you want to update your SSS members data.

    1. Change of membership type

    • To Self-Employed
      • No required documents

      To Non-Working Spouse

    • Marriage Contract/Marriage Certificate or a copy of Working Spouse’s Member Data Change Request form (SS Form E-4) duly received by the SSS where the name of the NWS is indicated as the spouse

    Continue reading...

    How to Avail of SSS Sickness Benefit


    Are you sick? Did you get injured recently? Are you reading this from your hospital bed? 

    Are you a member of SSS? Are you here because you heard of the SSS Sickness Benefit? 

    Do you wish to avail of this benefit?

    Well, you are in luck because this article will discuss the SSS Sickness Benefit, how to know if you qualify, how to apply and how much you will get.

    I’m sorry to hear that you are ill or injured. But on the bright side, there is a compensation for your hard work given by the government. I hope and pray for your fast recovery.

    How would I know if I am qualified to avail of SSS Sickness Benefit?

    The first step to approaching this benefit is to know if you satisfy the qualifying conditions.

    Do not easily trust what you hear from friends because as we know, we, Filipinos have a tendency of twisting information especially if they are passed by mouth.

    It is better to check the official qualifications than being denied access to the benefit later.

    Below are the qualifications:

    2. You are unable to work because of sickness and/or injury and you are confined in the hospital or at home for at least four (4) days
    3. You have paid at least three (3) months of monthly contributions prior to being sick/injured
    4. You have used all company sick leaves with pay; and
    5. You have notified the employer or SSS, if unemployed, voluntary, or self-employed member about the sickness or injury

    If you qualify with the five (5) qualifications mentioned above, you can then proceed to applying for the particular benefit.

    If you haven’t done Qualification #5, don’t fret because I will teach you how to notify your employer or the SSS.

    How will I notify the SSS about my sickness or injury?


    You MUST notify your employer about the sickness/injury within five (5) calendar days after the start of the sickness or the injury. Your employer must then notify the SSS about the sickness/injury.

    *Notifying your employer is not necessary if you got confined in a hospital or you have acquired the injury while working or if he is aware of your current condition.

    Important notes to take note of:

    • Do take note that if you fail to notify your employer within the five-day rule, then, your confinement will be considered to have started five days before you notified him.
    • If your employer fails to notify the SSS within the five-day rule, then, your employer will be reimbursed only for each day of confinement from the 10th calendar day before he notified SSS.
    • If you had successfully notified your employer but he fails to notify the SSS causing the denial of the benefit claim, your employer will have NO RIGHT to recover your daily sickness allowance.

    Filing Requirements:

    You may file through a company representative or personally. Do prepare the following documents needed for the filing of the notification.

    1. Duly accomplished sickness notification
    2. Identification card/s and/or document/s
    3. Medical documents if any

    Plus the following documents, if needed:

    In case of work-related claims:

    • Accident/Sickness Report from employer, if work-connected; and
    • Police Report (for vehicular accident with third party involvement), if work-related; and
    • Photocopy of employer’s logbook

    In case of prolonged confinements or sickness, original/certified true copy of the following:

    • Laboratory, X-ray, ECG and other diagnostic results
    • Operating room/clinical records that will support diagnosis

    In case of sickness that occurred while on strike/shutdown/and member will file to SSS personally, submit the above-mentioned requirements together with the following:

    • Certificate of Notice of Strike issued by DOLE
    • Certificate of Foreclosure
    • Certification from the DOLE that the employee or employer has a pending labor case
    • Certificate of Non-advancement of Payment from Employer


    You MUST notify the SSS within five (5) days after the start of the sickness/injury. If you are confined in a hospital, notifying the SSS should be within one (1) year after the confinement.

    Filing Requirements CONTINUE READING

    Continue reading...

    How to Know if your Employer Remits your SSS Contributions and What to do if they don’t!


    I have received several messages and comments from SSS members saying that their employers are not paying their SSS contributions.

    If you’re having the same issue, don’t just keep quiet!

    It is your right to ask your employer about it or file a complaint directly with the SSS if you know that you are deducted for your SSS contributions and yet your employer fails to remit it to the SSS on time.

    But first, do your research by checking your SSS contributions. If you don’t know how to do this, try any of the options below.

    3 Ways on How to Check your SSS Contributions

    1. Check your SSS Contributions ONLINE thru My.SSS Facility

    The easiest way to know if your employer is remitting your SSS contributions is to access your SSS account online.

    But before you can do that, you must register first at the My.SSS facility at Don’t worry, you’ll only do this once.

    And when you’re registered, you can access your SSS account anytime and anywhere using your computer or smartphone with internet connection.

    How to Check SSS Contributions Online

    • Go to https:///
    • Login using your SSS User ID and Password
    • Click E-Services, then click Inquiry
    • Click Member Info, then click Actual Premiums.

    When you get to the Actual Premiums page, you’ll see the list of your SSS contributions with the amount and month of contribution.

    The only downside to this option is that sometimes, the SSS website is very slow or it doesn’t load at all. That’s why I suggest you access your SSS online account after office hours or during weekends.

    Checking your SSS contributions through My.SSS facility is FREE of charge, but you must have an internet connection in order to access the site.

    2. Check your SSS Contributions thru Text-SSS Facility

    If you cannot access the SSS website or you have not registered to My.SSS yet, you may inquire for your SSS contributions by texting SSS.

    But before you can text your inquiry, you must register first by texting your SSS number and birth date to 2600 using this format:

    • SSS<space>REG<space>10-digit SSS number<space>MM/DD/YYYY

    Example: SSS REG 3312345678 5/20/1985

    Once your registration is successful, you’ll receive a text message with a four-digit PIN. You will use this PIN in all your inquiries using Text-SSS.

    How to Check SSS Contributions thru TEXT

    Using your cellphone, send this text message to 2600:

    • SSS<space>CONTRIB<space>10-digit SSS number<space>4-digit PIN

    Example: SSS CONTRIB 3312345678 1234

    Checking your SSS contributions thru Text-SSS facility has a charge:

    • ₱2.50 for Globe and Smart subscribers
    • ₱2.00 for Sun Cellular subscribers) per text message

    3. Check your SSS Contributions Personally at the SSS Office

    If you prefer checking your SSS contributions personally, then you may visit the nearest SSS branch or office.

    Click here to see the list of SSS branches.

    To avoid the long queues, set an appointment online through My.SSS facility.

    What should I do if I discover that my employer is not paying my SSS contributions?  CONTINUE READING

    Continue reading...

    SSS Salary Loan Application, Requirements, Payment, Interest Rates and FAQs


    Applying for SSS salary loan is one of the benefits that qualified SSS members can enjoy.

    Many SSS members take advantage of the SSS salary loan because it’s not only easy to file but it’s also affordable to pay.

    If you have a financial emergency or you need cash immediately, you may apply for SSS salary loan, provided you meet the following criteria or eligibility requirements:

    • You are an SSS member
    • You are below 65 years old at the time of application
    • You have made at least 36 months contributions to the SSS if you’re applying for a 1-month salary loan
    • You have made at least 72 months contributions to the SSS if you’re applying for a 2-month salary loan
    • You have made at least 6 months contributions in the last twelve months

    If you have other existing loans from the Philippine Social Security System, make sure that your payments are up-to-date.

    If you’re employed, make sure that your employer remits your monthly contributions and loan payments. You may ask your HR officer about these or you may login to My.SSS to access your SSS contributions and statement of loan balances.

    Also, make sure that you have not been granted any final benefits like retirement benefit to apply for a salary loan from the SSS.

    What are the Requirements for SSS Salary Loan

    1. UMID or SSS ID or E-6 Form (acknowledgement stub)
    2. SSS Salary Loan Application form – download here
    3. Valid ID with photo and signature

    How to Apply for SSS Salary Loan CONTINUE READING

    Continue reading...