Are you having a hard time registering to My.SSS or the SSS online portal of the Social Social Security System?
Have you been wanting to check your SSS contributions online but couldn’t do so because you’re not yet registered?
Don’t worry, because in this post, I’ll share with you the 7 easy steps to register to My.SSS based from my own experience.
Yes, that’s right. I just registered my mom’s SSS account online and the process was pretty quick and simple.
And that’s exactly why I want to share it with you too. Let’s start…
7 Easy Steps for SSS Online Registration
Go to sss.gov.ph. Click the ‘Click Here’ button under ‘Not Yet Registered in My.SSS’ (see screenshot below).
To register as SSS member online, you need to choose one of the information below:
- Savings Account Number
- Mobile Number Registered in SSS
- UMID Card
- Employer ID Number
- Payment Reference Number
Since my mom has just recently paid her SSS loan and she still has a copy of the Payment Receipt from SSS, we chose the option for Payment Receipt Transaction Number.
In the Online User ID Registration, enter all the required information correctly.
After you filled out the form, enter the code in the blank box at the bottom of the page, then tick the smaller box to accept the Terms of Service, and finally click Submit.
Upon successful registration, a confirmation message will show up on the screen which looks like the screenshot below.
The system notification will be sent to within 30 minutes. I got mine only after 5 minutes.
Check your inbox to see if the system notification from SSS is already there.
The subject of the email is SSS Web Registration and it should come from email@example.com.
Open the email and look for the User ID and the link to activate your My.SSS account.
Make sure to activate your account within 5 working days, otherwise, the activation link will expire and you will have to repeat the registration process.
Below your User ID, click the Activation Link. It will redirect you to another page where you’re going to set your Password. Make sure to follow these guidelines:
- Length – must be 8-20 alpha-numeric characters.
- First character – must be alphabetic.
- No special characters – must be different from the User ID
Once your password is updated, you will automatically be logged in to your SSS online account.
These 7 simple steps can help you register in My.SSS online easily. If you encounter any issues during the SSS online registration process, check my other tips below.
Tips for Successful SSS Online Registration
- Use Internet Explorer to access the SSS website.
- Use an email address that is active and that has not been used before to register to My.SSS.
- If you don’t receive the notification on your email inbox, check your spam folder to see if it’s there.
- If the SSS site is down or slow, try accessing it during weeknights or weekends instead.
- If all else fail, try to visit the nearest SSS branch, go to the e-Services desk, and ask how you can register to My.SSS.
It’s easier to check your SSS contributions online if you are registered to My.SSS.
Aside from that, the SSS also provides many services through this online platform.
So, if you’re not registered yet, go ahead and register now.
Watch this video tutorial on how to Register to My.SSS this 2019:
FAQs about My.SSS Online
How can I see my SSS contribution online?
A: Here are the easy steps to check your SSS online contribution:
- Visit the SSS website at sss.gov.ph
- Log in to your My.SSS account with your User ID and Password
- Go to the Member Inquiry page.
- Go to the Contribution, then click Actual Premiums.
How can I apply for SSS online?
A: In order to apply for SSS online you need your SSS ID or E-6 form and two valid photo IDs. You can apply online at the official SSS website, through the E-Service tab which will give you a confirmation email and transaction number. You can also do it at one of the SSS branches.
How can I register my mobile no in SSS?
A: SSS Members can register their mobile no in SSS by sending their SSS number and birthdate using the format “SSS REG <SS Number> <MM/DD/YY>” to 2600. SSS text transactions require a Personal Identification Number (PIN) code, which will be sent through text after successful registration.
How can I check my SSS contribution by text?
A: Text SSS is a text based facility that allows a members to inquire information of their account via SMS. Just follow the format or command below for your reference. Just type SSS REG (SSS Number) (Date of Birth MM/DD/YYYY) then send to 2600. Then wait for a reply message from 2600 for the 4 digit PIN.
How can I loan my SSS salary?
A: SSS members with at least 36 monthly contributions can borrow an amount equal to their one-month salary up to P15,000. Those with at least 72 monthly contributions are entitled to a two-month loan worth twice their salary up to P30,000.
SSS computes the actual loan amount by getting the average of the loan applicant’s monthly salary for the last 12 months of employment.
How can I check my SSS UMID card online?
A: Visit SSS official website at sss.gov.ph and login to your account (Member Login). Hover your cursor over E-Services, then click Inquiry. Check Member Info and click SSS ID Card. You’ll find the Transaction/Card Status with the dates of your SSS UMID Card generation, packaging, and mailing.
Can I withdraw my SSS contribution?
A: Once you become a covered SSS member, you become a member for life. The SSS contributions that you remit become savings for the future that will serve as basis for the granting of social security benefits in times of contingencies. Membership cannot be withdrawn and contributions paid cannot refunded.
How can I recover my SSS online account?
A: Here are the steps that you can perform if you forgot your SSS User ID or Password:
- Go to SSS website at sss.gov.ph
- Under Member Login, click the link for “Forgot User ID or Password?”
- Enter your registered email address, then click Submit. A confirmation will “pop- up” when you have successfully submitted your email address.
- After a few minutes you will receive an email from SSS with your User ID and Retrieved Password that you can use when accessing your My.SSS account.
- Login to the SSS website as member using the credentials that you received from SSS.
- In the reset password page, enter your current password into “Current Password” field and the new password in “New Password” and “Confirm Password” field, and then click the change button.
If you haven’t already, I highly recommend that you register in SSS online so that you too can take advantage of the benefits of being able to access your SSS account online.
The steps are simple. You don’t need to be techie to do this. You’ll do this once only but you can enjoy your SSS online access for as long as you like.
- How to Check your SSS Contributions Online
- SSS Contribution Table 2019: How much should you pay to SSS as a Member?
- How to Get PRN Online through My.SSS