Are you searching for the steps for SSS Online Registration?
You’ve come to the right place!
In this post, I’ll share with you the simple and easy-to-follow steps on how you could register your SSS account online through the Social Security System’s My.SSS online portal.
I’ve been registered in My.SSS for several years now and I can’t stress enough how it made it so much easier for me to check my SSS Contributions, loan status, update my SSS profile, and generate my SSS PRN or Payment Reference when paying my SSS contributions.
And you can take advantage of this too.
If you are already an SSS member, all you have to do is register to My.SSS online and you will be able to access your SSS contributions and records anytime and anywhere.
What a relief, isn’t it?
You don’t need to go to the SSS branch just to check your SSS contribution.
Once you’re registered, just take out your smartphone, login to My.SSS, and voila! You can now view your SSS account at home, at the office, or wherever you may be.
Alright, enough of that. Before you could register, you must know first the prerequisites for SSS Online Registration.
Prerequisites for SSS Online Registration
Registering to SSS online is a fairly straightforward process, so long as you are an SSS member, you can enroll. Before heading off, make sure you have the following:
- For individual members:
- Your SSS Number
- If you have an SSS UMID (Unified Multi-purpose ID), you can also use the CRN found in the UMID card
- A valid email address
- For company employers:
- Know the coverage date for your registration
- Employer ID
- A preferred User ID for log-ins
- For household employers:
- Same as for company employers, but you must also have an HR Email Address
Once you have these info, it is time to fill out the SSS online registration form.
Steps for SSS Online Registration
Here are the easy steps on how to register to My.SSS online:
- Visit the SSS website at www.sss.gov.ph.
- Select Member Login if you’re registering as a Member, or select Employer Login if you are registering as an Employer. Or click here to choose your membership registration.
- Since you don’t have a User ID and Password, click the button that says “Click here” right below “Not yet registered in My.SSS”
- Select one information to register to My.SSS. Make sure it’s the same information that you used when you applied as a member of SSS.
- Fill out the SSS Online Registration form correctly and completely.
- If you are an individual member, the form looks like this:
Take note that you need to fill out all fields marked with an asterisk (*). Your My.SSS registration will not go through unless you fill them out.
Do not take too long in completing the registration, as the “captcha” challenge at the bottom is time-sensitive. After a few minutes, you might need to fill out a new one.
- If you are a company employer, you will have to fill out the following fields:
Just like with the individual member form, all fields with an asterisk are required fields.
You do not need to include a landline if you don’t have one, but it is ideal to put a working contact number, so that you have one on SSS records.
- If you are a household employer (i.e., one who has a nanny, driver, gardener, domestic helper, etc.), you will need to fill out the following fields:
It’s nearly the same as that of the company, except that you will not need to put in your address.
Instead, you will need your “HR email address” which is your own. No need to put in a landline number if you do not have one.
- After submitting, check your email address. SSS will be sending you a message with a confirmation link that contains additional fields which you have to fill out. The message will be from firstname.lastname@example.org and will look like this:
Click on the link mentioned in the email. Like the email address implies, this is an automated response — do not reply to it, as there is no human on the other end to read your message.
- After you have clicked the link, you will be redirected to a new page:
You will notice that a few of the fields have already been filled out using the information in the first part of the registration. Again, make sure to complete all fields with a red asterisk. Answer the details truthfully to avoid discrepancies in the future.
- At the bottom of the page, make sure to click on “I accept the Terms of Service” before clicking the Submit link.
- After clicking submit, head back to your email inbox. You will be receiving a message from SSS (email@example.com) with your User ID and the link to activate your My.SSS account.
Important: You must activate your account within 5 working days. If you don’t, the activation link will expire and you will have to register again.
- Enter your preferred Password for your My.SSS account. Follow the instructions carefully on how to nominate your password. Once your password is updated, you will be logged in to your SSS online account.
That’s it! Now you’re logged in to My.SSS and you can now access the different facilities of SSS online.
Tips for Successful SSS Online Registration
Here are a few tips for when you hit snags in the registration process.
There is an error in loading or submitting the pages.
Use another browser. In the past, the SSS page prompts that it works best with Internet Explorer, so it might still be worth a try.
I did not receive any email from SSS.
Other email addresses that are not “@yahoo.com” might be blocking the SSS messages. Be sure to try your Spam or Junk folder, depending on your email provider. If the message is on spam, click in “Not Spam” or a similar button to disable this blocking.
I forgot my password.
The password is also sent to you as you complete your registration, to serve as reference. But if you lost this email, you can request to have it sent to you again. Simply head over to the main page of the SSS website and click “Forgot User ID or Password?”
Keep your SSS Account Safe Online and Offline
SSS may not be as big of a deal here in the Philippines as it is in other countries, but your online account is still very important.
Protect it at all costs, and do not reveal the password (as well as the email address associated with it) to anybody.
Most of all, make sure to log out of your SSS account before closing the browser, especially if you are on a shared computer. You never know who might be able to access your SSS account details.
You may also watch this updated video by Pinay Investor for SSS Online Registration.
I hope this tutorial was helpful you. Let me know if you have any questions about SSS Online Registration.