Are you looking for a complete and easy-to-follow tutorial on how to register in SSS online?
Well, you’ve come to the right place!
In this post, I’ll share with you exactly how I registered my sister’s SSS account in My.SSS just last month (July 2020), and this is the most updated way to do it.
What’s good about the new version of SSS website is that the process of registering to SSS online is much easier and faster now compared before.
Just make sure you enter the same information that you have in SSS records so that your registration will be successful.
Updated Steps for SSS Online Registration
1. Go to the SSS Website
- Go to www.sss.gov.ph
- Click the box that says “I’m not a robot” and click Submit
- Click Member
- Click “Not Yet Registered in My.SSS” or click here.
2. Register to My.SSS by selecting one of these options
The information that you choose should match with your SSS records.
- Savings Account Number / Citibank Cash Card / UBP Quick Card / UMID – ATM Saving Account Number Registered in SSS
- Mobile Number Registered in SSS
- UMID CARD
- Employer ID Number / Household Employer ID Number
- Payment Reference Number / SBR No. / Payment Receipt Transaction Number
3. Fill out the SSS Online registration form
Tips in Filling out the SSS Online Registration Form:
- Make sure all the information you entered are correct so that they match with your information in SSS records. If they don’t match, you won’t be able to register successfully.
- Make sure that the email address you enter is active and accessible because that’s where the activation link will be sent to.
- Make sure to follow the guidelines in creating your User ID
- Length must be 8-20 characters
- First character must be alphabetic
- No special characters except underscore (_)
- These characters are not allowed: # % ( ) \- ‘ ” | & */
- Make sure to fill out the fields in the Address
- If you chose to register using the UMID, you need to enter ANY of these two options:
- UMID Pin Code – You may choose this if your UMID card had been activated in the SSS Information Terminal located at SSS branches.
- Mother’s Maiden Name – This should be the same with the information you reported in the E6-UMID Card Application Form.
- I personally chose this option since I have not activated my UMID Card yet.
- Enter the code shown in the box. If the code doesn’t show up, you may refresh the page or try another browser. Sometimes, the code doesn’t show up if you have slow internet connection.
- Click the box that says ” I accept the Terms of Service”
- Review the information you have provided before you click Submit.
4. Check your Email
Click OK to confirm your SSS online registration.
Open your email and click the confirmation email from SSS with the subject: SSS Web Registration.
Your new User ID and the LINK to create your Password will be included in the email.
Click the link that says “clicking here”. See the screenshot below.
5. Set Password
After you have clicked the link above, you will be directed to the page where you need to activate your My.SSS account.
You need to enter the last 6 digits of your CRN/SS Number, then click Submit.
You need to set your Password by following the guidelines on the screen:
- Length must be 8-20 alpha-numeric characters
- First character must be alphabetic
- No special characters
- Must be different from the User ID.
After setting the password, you will be automatically logged in to your new My.SSS account.
Make sure to keep your SSS User ID and Password so that the next time you log in, you know where to find them in case you forget your login details.
WATCH this video on How to Register in SSS Online
Read Next: How to Reset SSS User ID and Password
Here’s how I used to register in SSS online before the update…
If you are already an SSS member, all you have to do is register to My.SSS online and you will be able to access your SSS contributions and records anytime and anywhere.
What a relief, isn’t it?
You don’t need to go to the SSS branch just to check your SSS contribution.
Once you’re registered, just take out your smartphone, login to My.SSS, and voila! You can now view your SSS account at home, at the office, or wherever you may be.
Alright, enough of that. Before you could register, you must know first the prerequisites for SSS Online Registration.
Prerequisites for SSS Online Registration
Registering to SSS online is a fairly straightforward process, so long as you are an SSS member, you can enroll. Before heading off, make sure you have the following:
- For individual members:
- Your SSS Number
- If you have an SSS UMID (Unified Multi-purpose ID), you can also use the CRN found in the UMID card
- A valid email address
- For company employers:
- Know the coverage date for your registration
- Employer ID
- A preferred User ID for log-ins
- For household employers:
- Same as for company employers, but you must also have an HR Email Address
Once you have these info, it is time to fill out the SSS online registration form.
Steps for SSS Online Registration
Here are the easy steps on how to register to My.SSS online:
- Visit the SSS website at www.sss.gov.ph.
- Select Member Login if you’re registering as a Member, or select Employer Login if you are registering as an Employer. Or click here to choose your membership registration.
- Since you don’t have a User ID and Password, click the button that says “Click here” right below “Not yet registered in My.SSS”
- Select one information to register to My.SSS. Make sure it’s the same information that you used when you applied as a member of SSS.
- Fill out the SSS Online Registration form correctly and completely.
- If you are an individual member, the form looks like this:
Take note that you need to fill out all fields marked with an asterisk (*). Your My.SSS registration will not go through unless you fill them out.
Do not take too long in completing the registration, as the “captcha” challenge at the bottom is time-sensitive. After a few minutes, you might need to fill out a new one.
- If you are a company employer, you will have to fill out the following fields:
Just like with the individual member form, all fields with an asterisk are required fields.
You do not need to include a landline if you don’t have one, but it is ideal to put a working contact number, so that you have one on SSS records.
- If you are a household employer (i.e., one who has a nanny, driver, gardener, domestic helper, etc.), you will need to fill out the following fields:
It’s nearly the same as that of the company, except that you will not need to put in your address.
Instead, you will need your “HR email address” which is your own. No need to put in a landline number if you do not have one.
- After submitting, check your email address. SSS will be sending you a message with a confirmation link that contains additional fields which you have to fill out. The message will be from email@example.com and will look like this:
Click on the link mentioned in the email. Like the email address implies, this is an automated response — do not reply to it, as there is no human on the other end to read your message.
- After you have clicked the link, you will be redirected to a new page:
You will notice that a few of the fields have already been filled out using the information in the first part of the registration. Again, make sure to complete all fields with a red asterisk. Answer the details truthfully to avoid discrepancies in the future.
- At the bottom of the page, make sure to click on “I accept the Terms of Service” before clicking the Submit link.
- After clicking submit, head back to your email inbox. You will be receiving a message from SSS (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your User ID and the link to activate your My.SSS account.
Important: You must activate your account within 5 working days. If you don’t, the activation link will expire and you will have to register again.
- Enter your preferred Password for your My.SSS account. Follow the instructions carefully on how to nominate your password. Once your password is updated, you will be logged in to your SSS online account.
That’s it! Now you’re logged in to My.SSS and you can now access the different facilities of SSS online.
Tips for Successful SSS Online Registration
Here are a few tips for when you hit snags in the registration process.
There is an error in loading or submitting the pages.
Use another browser. In the past, the SSS page prompts that it works best with Internet Explorer, so it might still be worth a try.
I did not receive any email from SSS.
Other email addresses that are not “@yahoo.com” might be blocking the SSS messages. Be sure to try your Spam or Junk folder, depending on your email provider. If the message is on spam, click in “Not Spam” or a similar button to disable this blocking.
I forgot my password.
The password is also sent to you as you complete your registration, to serve as reference. But if you lost this email, you can request to have it sent to you again. Simply head over to the main page of the SSS website and click “Forgot User ID or Password?”
Keep your SSS Account Safe Online and Offline
SSS may not be as big of a deal here in the Philippines as it is in other countries, but your online account is still very important.
Protect it at all costs, and do not reveal the password (as well as the email address associated with it) to anybody.
Most of all, make sure to log out of your SSS account before closing the browser, especially if you are on a shared computer. You never know who might be able to access your SSS account details.
You may also watch this updated video by Pinay Investor for SSS Online Registration.
I hope this tutorial was helpful you. Let me know if you have any questions about SSS Online Registration.
I used IE but it says “Has discrepancy in first name”. What should I do?
ANG TAGAL NG CONFIRMATION
nag register ako pero ang na filled up pan lang yung phase 1 then naka receive ako ng email sa user name ko wala namang passwork required sa pahse 1 so pabo ako makaka pag sign in na ang gamit labg user name walang password?
Darrie laroya says
Di ko maactivate account ko. La lumalabas na redirect link
SSS Answers says
check nyo po email niyo kung may natanggap kayong link for activation. copy-paste nyo na lang po sa browser ung link
zambri a. baya says
inquire for loan balance
SSS Answers says
kung registered po kayo online, login na lang po kayo sa My.SSS para makita nyo po ung loan balance. Kung wala po kayong online, punta na lang po kayo sa pinakamalapit na SSS branch. O kaya naman po, magregister po kayo online para anytime pwede nyo po maaccess ang SSS account niyo.
Ngreregister po kmi ng sss acount nmin tru online after filling all required info/items check the i agree to the terms and click submit then it will show web page blocked…internet explorer and google chrome was used but same result was shown…what should i do?
Ngreregister po aq ng account of my friend after filling all required info ncheck n din ung igree to the terms and click submit it shows web page blocked. Internet explorer and google chrome used but shows same result..is the system down?what should we do?
perlie lambito coronel says
ask ko lng po kasi yung E1 ko po kasi nawawala at hindi ko po alam kung ano ang SSS NUMBER ko paano ko po maverify ulit kung sakali ang SSS number ko thanks po
marcilyn jacutina lambayan says
Bakit po Hindi ko po ma chek ung SAS ko po maari nio po ba ang tulungan
Nag register po ako sa online sss pero ayaw gumana ng confirmation link na sinend sakin ng sss stating na “not accessible” na daw ng link which is kakagawa ko lang. help please
ej dizon says
Hi! Nagregister ako and they emailed me back saying I need to click their provided link to activate it but ang sabi sa naredirect na page is
We regret to inform you that your registration is no longer accessible.
Kindly try to register again to SSS Website.
Pero kakareceived ko lang ng email nila how come na nagexpired agad? But I followed as the page advised me so I tried to register again but “E-Mail address has already been registered.”
Can you help me with this issue? ‘Cause they’re not replying via email.
Mae Gutay says
Hi bakit wala pa po akong natatanggap na email? Halos 2 hrs na po akomg naghihintay
Brenda b. Leonardo says
Nag.register po ako sa sss online pero bakit po wala akong natanggap na email, at sa spam po wala din , ano po dapat gawin?
Hanie rosen gabay says
Hi until ow wala pa din akong natatanggap na email after ko mag register.
How can i fix this? Help
Aubrey mahinay says
Ilang days po bago maposted yung bayad sa sss loan pag sa bayad center ng bayad.?
taib s. abdulgani says
Nakapagregister na ako at nakareceived na rin ng email para iactivate ko ang account ko pero pag log in ko e eto lagi ang lumalabas,
” Invalid User ID Or Password”
nakapa email na rin ako for assistance pero wala man ding reply.
ano po dapat gawin?
danes paguio says
paano po ang gagawin if my name is too long hindi po kasi siya kasya sa system/box provided?
when i click the link from sss .
Your SS Number application is already finished.
Check your email to view your SS Number and other transaction details.
but i didn’t recieve any email from ss for my ss number what would i do.
ngregister po ako kaso wala po akong natataggap na confirmation kahit sa spam, anu po ba ang gagawin?
MONDORA BAYLEN LONTOC says
nag try po akong mag online registration, dati pa po akong may hulog sa sss. Gusto ko po sana makapag online para po sana mas mapadali . Kaya lang po pagdating sa Required Preferences maraming hinihingi, paano po kung ang lahat ng yun ay wala akong naka registered sa sss, ibig pong sabihin diko ako makakpag online register sa my.sss?
alma maalat says
hi po wla parin akong natatanggap na email.wla nman po sa spam.ano po ba dapat gawin?thanks po