Forgot Password? TIPS on How to Recover or Reset SSS Password

Are you trying to login to your SSS online account, but you’re unable to do so because it kept saying

Incorrect Username or Password”?

That’s exactly what happened to me just a few minutes ago… CONTINUE READING

SSS Online Registration for SSS Members

The world is migrating to the Internet, and this same technology is turning out to be the answer to almost all of our informational needs.

From news, to gossip, to answers to life’s questions, it’s all in the Internet. CONTINUE READING

Deadline of SSS Monthly Contribution Payments for 2018 EXTENDED!

Na-late ka ba sa pagbabayad ng SSS contributions mo ngayong 2018? 

Actually, hindi ka nag-iisa dahil maraming SSS members ang hindi nakapagbayad on time dahil sa bagong sistema ng SSS sa paggamit ng Payment Request Number or PRN.  CONTINUE READING

13th Month Pension ng SSS, sino nga ba ang makakatanggap?

SSS Pensioners are already excited to receive their 13th month bonus from the Social Security System.

But who really are eligible to receive the 13th month pension and when is it going to be released?

What is SSS 13th Month Pension? 

The 13th month pension is an additional cash benefit given to SSS pensioners, except for partial disability pensioners whose pension duration is less than 12 months.

The SSS pension fund started providing 13th month pensions, which is equivalent to one-month basic pension, in December 1988.

Who can receive the 13th month pension? 

  • All Pensioners
  • Partial Disability Pensioners with approved pension of 12 months or more.
  • Death survivors
  • Retiree pensioners

    What You Need to Know About the Expanded Maternity Leave Bill

    One of the most interesting topics that SSS female members have been discussing right now is the Expanded Maternity Leave bill.

    Basically, what this Expanded Maternity Leave bill wants to happen is to increase the number of paid maternity leave days of pregnant women who are SSS members.

    From  the current 60 days maternity leave (for normal delivery) and 78 days maternity leave (for C-section delivery), it will be increased to 105 paid maternity leave days once the Expanded Maternity Leave becomes a law.

    Isn’t that exciting? 

    For moms like me, 105 days of paid maternity leave is a big deal.

    It’s nothing compared to what other countries offer, like in Canada, I think new moms can avail of paid maternity leave for one year. In other countries, they have longer maternity leave period compared to what we have here in the Philippines.

    I’m sure many families will enjoy the benefits of the Expanded Maternity Leave law once it’s approved and implemented.

    I remember, when I got pregnant with my child, my pregnancy was complicated and I was ordered to go on bed rest for one year without pay. Imagine how difficult it must have been for our starting family to pay for all my check ups, medicines, and laboratories, on a single income.

    Thanks to SSS for my 78 days of paid maternity leave. I was able to receive Php 39,000. That amount was a big help, but it wasn’t enough.

    And because I had been on leave for a year (without pay), I had to go back to work right after I gave birth to earn money to help my husband with all our expenses.

    And it was difficult – physically and emotionally. 

    It was physically difficult because my body, having undergone C-section operation, was still healing and recovering. I also suffered from headaches, difficulty in breathing, muscle pains, and severe stomach pains. I’ve been in and out of the hospital after I gave birth.

    It was emotionally difficult because it wasn’t easy to be parted with my newly born baby.

    When I went back to work, I had severe depression from being away from my child. It was emotionally challenging. I would always cry at the office. And because I couldn’t handle it anymore, I decided to resign from my job to focus on my child.

    Why you should be excited about the Expanded Maternity Leave bill? 

    Once the Expanded Maternity Leave bill has been approved, new moms will have more time to heal and recover physically, and have more days to be with and to care for their child.

    What’s even more exciting is that the increased number of maternity leave comes with a pay which is a huge help in our finances.

    What else should you know about the Expanded Maternity Leave Bill?  CONTINUE READING

    SSS Partner Banks and Non-Bank Partners that Accept SSS Contribution using PRN

    Early this year, the Philippine Social Security System implemented a new way of paying SSS contributions, and that is by using the member’s Payment Reference Number or PRN.

    The PRN is different from CRN (Common Reference Number) or SSS number.

    The PRN can be found online by logging in to your SSS online account through My.SSS or by going to SSS website at

    If you don’t have an account online or if you can’t login to My.SSS successfully, you may request for your SSS Payment Reference Number at the SSS branch or any payment channel or partner.

    What’s good about this Payment Reference Number is that your contributions are posted real-time.

    Before, it would take days for it to show up on your account specially if you pay at any SSS payment partners. This results to a delay in the processing of SSS benefits.

    Where to Pay SSS Contributions Using Payment Reference Number (PRN) 

    When the SSS started implementing the usage of PRN, there was only a limited number of SSS payment partners that accept SSS contributions.

    But as of this writing, SSS has now 15 partner banks and non-bank partners that accept SSS contributions using PRN.

    For Employers CONTINUE READING

    How to Change or Update SSS Member Data Record

    When I got married, one of the first things I did was to update my personal information in my company and in government agencies where I am a member of like the SSS.

    Good thing the procedure was really simple, although I had to line up at the SSS branch since there were many other people who were doing the same thing too.

    What I did was I filled out the SSS E-4 form or Members Data Amendment form and updated my information such as my last name and the beneficiaries. As proof for these changes, I submitted a photocopy of our Marriage Certificate and the birth certificate of my child to add her as beneficiary.

    If you want to update your data with the SSS, check out the steps and requirements below.

    Requirements when updating SSS Member Data 

    Here is the list of documentary requirements if you want to update your SSS members data.

    1. Change of membership type

    • To Self-Employed
      • No required documents

      To Non-Working Spouse

    • Marriage Contract/Marriage Certificate or a copy of Working Spouse’s Member Data Change Request form (SS Form E-4) duly received by the SSS where the name of the NWS is indicated as the spouse

    How to Avail of SSS Sickness Benefit

    Are you sick? Did you get injured recently? Are you reading this from your hospital bed? 

    Are you a member of SSS? Are you here because you heard of the SSS Sickness Benefit? 

    Do you wish to avail of this benefit?

    Well, you are in luck because this article will discuss the SSS Sickness Benefit, how to know if you qualify, how to apply and how much you will get.

    I’m sorry to hear that you are ill or injured. But on the bright side, there is a compensation for your hard work given by the government. I hope and pray for your fast recovery.

    How would I know if I am qualified to avail of SSS Sickness Benefit?

    The first step to approaching this benefit is to know if you satisfy the qualifying conditions.

    Do not easily trust what you hear from friends because as we know, we, Filipinos have a tendency of twisting information especially if they are passed by mouth.

    It is better to check the official qualifications than being denied access to the benefit later.

    Below are the qualifications:

    2. You are unable to work because of sickness and/or injury and you are confined in the hospital or at home for at least four (4) days
    3. You have paid at least three (3) months of monthly contributions prior to being sick/injured
    4. You have used all company sick leaves with pay; and
    5. You have notified the employer or SSS, if unemployed, voluntary, or self-employed member about the sickness or injury

    If you qualify with the five (5) qualifications mentioned above, you can then proceed to applying for the particular benefit.

    If you haven’t done Qualification #5, don’t fret because I will teach you how to notify your employer or the SSS.

    How will I notify the SSS about my sickness or injury?


    You MUST notify your employer about the sickness/injury within five (5) calendar days after the start of the sickness or the injury. Your employer must then notify the SSS about the sickness/injury.

    *Notifying your employer is not necessary if you got confined in a hospital or you have acquired the injury while working or if he is aware of your current condition.

    Important notes to take note of:

    • Do take note that if you fail to notify your employer within the five-day rule, then, your confinement will be considered to have started five days before you notified him.
    • If your employer fails to notify the SSS within the five-day rule, then, your employer will be reimbursed only for each day of confinement from the 10th calendar day before he notified SSS.
    • If you had successfully notified your employer but he fails to notify the SSS causing the denial of the benefit claim, your employer will have NO RIGHT to recover your daily sickness allowance.

    Filing Requirements:

    You may file through a company representative or personally. Do prepare the following documents needed for the filing of the notification.

    1. Duly accomplished sickness notification
    2. Identification card/s and/or document/s
    3. Medical documents if any

    Plus the following documents, if needed:

    In case of work-related claims:

    • Accident/Sickness Report from employer, if work-connected; and
    • Police Report (for vehicular accident with third party involvement), if work-related; and
    • Photocopy of employer’s logbook

    In case of prolonged confinements or sickness, original/certified true copy of the following:

    • Laboratory, X-ray, ECG and other diagnostic results
    • Operating room/clinical records that will support diagnosis

    In case of sickness that occurred while on strike/shutdown/and member will file to SSS personally, submit the above-mentioned requirements together with the following:

    • Certificate of Notice of Strike issued by DOLE
    • Certificate of Foreclosure
    • Certification from the DOLE that the employee or employer has a pending labor case
    • Certificate of Non-advancement of Payment from Employer


    You MUST notify the SSS within five (5) days after the start of the sickness/injury. If you are confined in a hospital, notifying the SSS should be within one (1) year after the confinement.

    Filing Requirements CONTINUE READING