If you are paying your SSS contribution voluntarily, you need to know how to generate SSS Payment Reference Number or PRN.
Although some members complain that it’s hard or complicated to get their PRN, this system is actually good because your SSS contributions will be posted immediately, which makes it easier to avail of SSS benefits if need be.
What is PRN?
Payment Reference Number or PRN is a special number that is generated for each SSS member to be used when paying his/her SSS contribution.
Please take note that the PRN is different from the SSS number and Common Reference Number (CRN).
Effective January 16, 2018, all members are now required to use their PRNs when paying contributions as stated in SSS Circular 2017-010.
Why did SSS establish the usage of PRN?
The SSS established the PRN-based system for the real-time posting of SSS contribution payments. This is called the Real-time Posting of Contribution Payments (RTPC) Project.
This system will address delays in the posting of contribution payments that result in ineligibility to SSS benefits and loans and delays in the processing of claims.
Prior to this, the SSS receives thousands of requests for manual verification and correction of contribution records monthly. Most of the time, these are caused by errors in the contribution collection reports submitted by the employers and delayed or nonsubmission of such reports.
With the new PRN-based system, you can immediately see your contribution posted on your SSS account. And if you need to claim your SSS benefits or avail of SSS loan, the processing will be much better and faster now because they can view your actual and updated contributions instantly.
The implementation of the RTPC started on January 16, 2018. With the RTPC, the contribution data is readily available within 24 hours after the payment has been made.
Different Ways to Get your PRN
Since all SSS members are now required to pay SSS contributions using PRN, it’s time to get yours now. Here’s how you can get your PRN…
- Log in to your My.SSS account
- Click on Payment Reference Number (PRN)
- Review and edit your e-CL (Electronic Collection List)
- Generate Payment Reference Number (PRN)
Once you have your PRN, you can now present it when paying your SSS contributions. Once your payment is successful, you can now view your SSS contributions instantly.
FOR INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS
Individual members who have registered their mobile numbers with the SSS will receive their PRN through SMS or text message.
If you didn’t receive it, you may request your PRN through the following options:
- Request PRN through Email
- Send an email to PRNHelpLine@sss.gov.ph or email@example.com to request for your PRN. Indicate your name, SSS Number or Common Reference Number (CRN), and your date of birth in the email.
- Request PRN by calling the PRN Helpline at 920-6446 to 55 or the Toll-Free Hotline 1-800-10-225, which is open 24 hours, Mondays to Fridays.
- Request PRN by going to the E-Centers or Member Services Section in SSS branches
- Request PRN at the SSS Tellering Counters and Payment Channels
- Request PRN online through My.SSS
Those who have registered in the My.SSS facility at the SSS website can access their Statement of Account with the corresponding PRN.
Logging in to your My.SSS account is the easiest and fastest way to get your PRN. If you want to know how to do it, just follow the simple steps below.
How to Get PRN Online through My.SSS
Step 1 – Login to your SSS Online Account using your User ID and Password.
If you’re not yet registered to My.SSS, read this: How to Register to My.SSS Member Web Registration (ONLINE).
Step 2 – Once you’re successfully logged in, click Payment Reference Number (PRN) on the main navigation menu.
Step 3 – The page will then show your Payment Reference Number (PRN) with other details which are based on your previous SSS contribution payment.
What to do with the SOA:
- Click the “Print Statement of Account (SOA)” button to proceed with the generation of your Statement of Account which will be presented to the payment channel when paying your SSS contributions.
- Click “Edit SOA” button to change the Applicable Period, Amount of Monthly Contributions and Membership Type.
Here’s how the printable SOA looks like:
If you want to edit your SOA to change your SSS contribution payment details, just click Edit SOA. Enter the correct info and click Submit Request. You can then print the edited SOA and present it when paying your contributions at the accredited SSS payment facilities.
Watch this SSS PRN Video Tutorial
How to View your SSS Contribution
The main purpose of this new PRN-based system is to post member’s contribution payments real time or within 24 hours after the payment has been made.
To view your contribution online, just follow these simple steps:
- Step 1 – Login to your My.SSS account at sss.gov.ph
- Step 2 – Hover your mouse cursor to E-Services, then click Inquiry.
- Step 3 – Hover your mouse cursor to Member Info, then click Actual Premiums.
You can now view SSS contributions or actual premiums on the page.
If you want a more detailed instruction on how to view your SSS contribution, read this: How to Check your SSS Contributions Online this 2018.
FAQs about PRN
Q1: What branches/banks/facilities are accredited to receive SSS contribution payments using PRN?
Answer: All SSS Tellering Branches and RTPC-compliant collection partners including Bayad Center Inc. SkyFreight, Bank of Commerce, Security Bank Corporation, i-Remit, Asia United Bank, Ventaja Inc. and Unionbank of the Philippines, are now accepting SSS contribution payments using PRN.
Q2: What should I do if I lost or forgot my PRN?
Answer: You may login to your My.SSS account to get your PRN (please refer to the instructions above to do this). You may also inquire through the SSS tellers who have the capability to retrieve your PRN upon presentation of your UMID or SSS ID. If you do not have your UMID or SSS ID, the SSS number and Date of Birth are required in order to retrieve the PRN.
Q3: What should I do if I cannot generate my PRN due to slow connection or if the SSS website is down?
Option 1: Access the SSS website using Internet Explorer version 11 browser for optimal viewing and functionality. If it doesn’t work, try other browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari. Try also to check your network connection in case that’s causing the internet issue.
Option 2: Click “Download Editor and edit the SSS List offline” and install the AMS CCL editor.
Option 3: For further online assistance, you may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using your personal email address. In the subject field, indicate Thru Facebook. In the body of your email, indicate the following details:
- Complete Details of Concern
- Complete Name
- Contact Number
- 10-digit SS number
- Date of Birth
- Employment History (company name/s if any)
- Attach clear copies of at least two (2) member’s valid IDs (with photo & signature) and error encountered (if any)
The SSS is continuously enhancing their website to accommodate the huge amount of traffic on their site. Let’s also try to be patient when dealing with SSS issues.
I would also suggest that you visit the SSS website during weeknights and weekends because that’s when fewer users access the site. Hence, you have a bigger chance of being able to access the site.
Q4: Under what conditions can the SSS accept contribution payments from members without PRN?
Answer: The Social Security System (SSS) announced on Feb. 19, 2018, that SSS will accept payments from individual members and employers even without Payment Reference Number (PRN) in paying monthly contributions through its branches with tellering services only under the following conditions:
- For both employers and individual members, if SSS e-Centers and online inquiry are off-line or experiencing downtime and PRN cannot be retrieved or generated;
- Employers and individual members paying delinquencies or underpayments in contributions; and
- Individual members paying contributions through accredited government and non-government partner agents.
For cases requiring the submission of collection list, the procedure prior to PRN implementation will be followed. (Source)
I hope all your concerns about SSS PRN or Payment Request Number have been addressed in this article. If you have questions, please feel free to post them at the comment section below. I hope you could share this to your friends too.
ROSEMARIE N. BERNARDO says
how to get my SSS Payment refference number ? (PNR)
Emilson b, armenta says
Panu po aku makakakuha ng prn