SSS Pensioners are already excited to receive their 13th month bonus from the Social Security System.
But who really are eligible to receive the 13th month pension and when is it going to be released?
What is SSS 13th Month Pension?
The 13th month pension is an additional cash benefit given to SSS pensioners, except for partial disability pensioners whose pension duration is less than 12 months.
The SSS pension fund started providing 13th month pensions, which is equivalent to one-month basic pension, in December 1988.
Who can receive the 13th month pension?
- All Pensioners
- Partial Disability Pensioners with approved pension of 12 months or more.
- Death survivors
- Retiree pensioners
- Partial Disability Pensioners with approved pension of LESS than 12 months
The pensioner has an approved partial disability pension of 12 months, from January 2018 to December 2018. Is she eligible to receive the 13th month pension?
Answer: YES, because the 13th month pension is given to all pensioners including partial disability pensioner with approved pension of 12 months or more.
Maria has an approved partial disability pension of 10 months, from January 2018 to October 2018. Is she eligible to receive the 13th month pension?
Answer: NO, because her approved pension is less than 12 months.
Arturo received his 18-month lumpsum pension in February 2018. Can he receive a 13th month bonus too?
Answer: YES. His 13th bonus was already included in the amount that he received along with his 18-month pension. Those who filed for pension in October, expect that your 13th month bonus will be included in your lumpsum amount or pension.
SSS 13th Month Pension F.A.Q.s.
Is the 13th month pension and bonus the same?
Answer: YES. The 13th month pension and bonus are the same.
When can pensioners receive the 13th month pension or bonus this 2018?
The 13th month pension will be released on the first week of December 2018.
How can pensioners receive their 13th month pension?
- ATM or Passbook
- More than 99.38% or 2.4 million pensioners of pensioners will receive their 13th month pension through their bank account and they may withdraw it through their ATM card or Passbook.
- 0.62% or more than 15,000 pensioners will receive their 13th month bonus through checks. The check will be sent by SSS through registered mail via the Philippine Postal Service Office and it will be delivered to the pensioner’s home address.
The remaining pensioners who prefer to receive their pension via check are mostly from the far-flung places or remote areas where banks aren’t easily accessible.
Is the survivor or beneficiary of deceased member eligible to receive the deceased member’s 13th month pension?
Answer: YES. The survivor or beneficiary may receive 13th month pension of his/deceased spouse.
Can a pensioner receive two 13th month pensions?
Answer: YES. A qualified pensioner will receive a 13th month pension as a survivor-pensioner (biyudo/biyuda or legitimate/illegitimate minor child below 21 years old) and a 13th month pension of himself.
- Provided, the survivor-pensioner spouse remains loyal to the deceased member. Meaning, he/she did not remarry or cohabit with another person.
- Provided, that the dependent minor child is not yet married and still unemployed.
How many pensioners receive a 13th month pension?
Answer: As of today, 2.4 million pensioners receive their 13th month pensions.
Can a pensioner receive his/her 13th month pension every year?
Answer: YES. All qualified pensioners can receive their 13th month pension or bonus every year.
Source: Philippine Social Security System