Are you a member of SSS? Are you short on money because of an emergency?
Do you need to pay for your kids’ tuition fee but you can’t because it’s still not Pay Day yet?
Do you have to pay for urgent needs such as hospital fees due to unforeseen circumstances?
Do you need someone to lend you money but have nowhere to go?
Well, in times of need, the government has us covered. Because of the SSS Salary
Because of the SSS Salary Loan, you can now loan cash to meet your urgent and short-term needs. Provided, of course, that you are a member of SSS and you are employed, currently paying, self-employed or a voluntary member.
In this article, more light will be given about the SSS Salary Loan. Information such as how to apply, qualifications and loan details will be discussed in this article. This article aims to help those who plan to apply for the salary loan.
SSS Salary Loan Requirements
There are five requirements that need to be fulfilled in order to be eligible for the salary loan.
- This salary is open for ALL currently employed, currently contributing self-employed or voluntary member.
- 1-month loan – The member-borrower must have paid 36-monthly contributions, six of which must be in the last 12 months prior to the month of filing the application for the salary loan.
- 2-month loan – the member borrower must have paid 72-monthly contributions, six of which must be with the last 12 months prior to the month of filing the application for the salary loan.
- The member borrower’s employer must be updated in the payment of the monthly contributions.
- The member borrower must not be granted with final benefit (such as: total permanent disability, retirement benefit, or death benefit).
- The member borrower must be under the age of 65 years old by the time of the filing process of the application.
- The member borrower must not have been disqualified due to fraud committed against the SSS before.
If all five requirements are fulfilled, you may proceed to the application process discussed in the next sub-category.
How to apply for SSS Salary Loan?
Requirements and Documents
In order to proceed to the application process of filing for the salary loan, you must first prepare needed requirements and documents.
- Member loan application form is a form found at any SSS office branch. You must first fill-up the form before submitting with the other documents.
- SSS digitized ID or E-6 (acknowledgement stub) with any two valid IDs, one of which with a recent photo.
The two valid IDs can be anything from this list:
- Unexpired Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID card
- Postal ID
- School or company ID
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) card
- Seaman’s book
- Membership card issued by private companies
- Overseas Worker Welfare Administration card
- Voter’s Identification card (or affidavit or certificate of registration)
- ATM card (with cardholder’s name or with certification from bank, if without name)
- Any certificate from the following list:
- Office of southern/northern cultural communities
- Office of Muslim Affairs
- Certificate of Licensure/Qualification Documents/Seafarer’s ID and record book from Maritime Industry
- Certificate of Naturalization from the Bureau of Immigration
- Life Insurance Policy
- Birth/Baptismal Certificate of child/ren
- Other documents might be asked if the member borrower is not the one filing for the application process. Different documents apply for different circumstances, for more information, you may visit the official website of SSS.
You may file your application form through two different ways:
- You may file the application form on the nearest SSS branch near you. Of course, make sure that you bring all the requirements and documents you prepared.
- If you are a member registered at My.SSS, you can submit your application form online through scanning your documents. This is more convenient for those who is far away from an SSS branch or for someone who can’t find the time to visit a branch. Make sure that you also have an SSS web account because verification and certification will be directed there.
- If you are an OFW, you may file you application form through SSS Foreign Representative Offices in selected countries. If there is no SSS Foreign Representative Office in your particular country, then, you may send the documents to your relatives here in the Philippines for them to do the application process. Take note that documents issued in other countries must first be duly authenticated and certified by the Philippines Consulate Embassy.
A quick reminder is that the employer shall submit an updated Specimen Signature Card (SS Form L-501) to be updated annually to avoid delay in the processing of salary loan applications.
How much will I get?
The amount that you will receive will be determined by three circumstances:
- If you are applying for the 1-month salary loan, it is equivalent to the average of the member borrower’s latest posted 12 Monthly Salary Credits (MSCs) or amount applied for, whichever is lower.
- If you are applying for a 2-month-salary loan, it is equivalent to twice the average amount of the member borrower’s latest posted 12 MSCs rounded to the next higher monthly salary credit, or amount applied for, whichever is lower.
- The net amount of the loan shall be the difference between the approved loan amount and all outstanding balance of short-term member loans.
How do I repay the loan?
There are a few notes to take note of:
- The loan is repayable in two years. In the form of 24 monthly installments.
- The ending of your 13-digit ER number determines the date of the month that serves as your deadline.
- Payment shall be made at any SSS office branch with tellers’ facility, SSS accredited bank or SSS authorized payment center.
Now that you are equipped with the knowledge about the SSS Salary Loan and now that you have a better understanding about it, there will be lesser chances of you running into mistakes and doing things wrong.
We hope that you learned a lot from this article and you are now prepared to file your salary loan.
Click here to read more about SSS Salary Loan.